Wrapping Things Up

Today started early for me. I have to get up earlier than my cabin mates for my experiment. I took a cold shower, because we currently have no hot water. It was OK though, because that finished off our lab experiments. After that I waited until breakfast where we had pancakes,eggs, and sausage. I stayed back for a bit because five people thought it would be a good idea to me all their extra sausage. It was delicious and i do not regret these decisions. We then decided to all lounge on the porch and talk until we needed to go inside for science. During this time we saw a bullet ant on the porch. After this we got started doing SCIENCE. My team Los Tigres Nobles had decided to do field experiments, this was a terrible idea. The southern sun beat down harshly as the cruel skies alternated between rain and unrelenting sun. It was hot . Mac got stung/bit by some thing while he was out in the field. My team though was not the worst off, we managed to get done rather quickly. K-Jab was out under the hot sun for much longer. Lunch was spaghetti, it was delicious as always. After lunch we did community service. We carried cement bricks that would be used to build a fence from one side of the road to the other. The fence will be used to keep the children safe around the schoolyard. On the weekend the parents of the children will get together to help build the wall. Us moving the bricks will help, because when they do build all the materials be in the right place. It was hard work and they were covered in ants. Today was the only day i got a lot of bug bites, but for the most part it was pretty fun. We then went to Finca La Anita before walking out to get dinner. I was shown how to make tomato roses and cut salad. We ate the food we made and it was surprisingly not a complete disaster. We also had some pineapple juice and an ice cream that tasted simultaneously like bubblegum and strawberry. We were then treated to some puzzles and i played some frustrating camp games. Then we walked back. TA-DAAAA. THE END.-LAUREN G. DOME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday, June 3rd