Adventure Day 5

Full day #4: Today was a great day. We started early at 6:20 to record data for our project, and that went pretty well. We ate a nice big Costa Rican style breakfast consisting of Eggs, Pinto beans, and rice... for the third day in a row:) I’m not complaining tho bc it was pretty dang good. At 8:30 we were on our way to horseback riding station. Eddie, our tour bus driver, drove us and the ride was really fun, Eddy’s a g so that was pretty nifty @JonMichael. I had the best horse, bc I was the best ridder, and I spoke in Spanish with the man who lead the rides. I was the best, so it was pretty fun. We all named our horses, Jon Hughes’s was Reginold and it kept farting on everyone, Will Mullin’s was Ferrari, Mine was simply Stud, Lauren’s was named Dapper and was the best and most amazing grey horse(she TOTALLY didn’t insert this when Mac wasn’t looking) and I kinda forgot the rest. Jon Michael named his ¾ and Sam named his Mystery from Spongebob. We went riding for about an hour and a half and Noah got thrown of his horse. We did a big loop through a few fields and saw some toucans in the trees, we also saw a snake that startled one of the horses. We took a bus from there to the next place. Eddy dropped us off about fifteen minutes away. At this point it’s around 11:30, and lunch normally starts at 12:00. So, we went hiking, it was about a thirty-minute hike up and down slippery rocks, I fell about five times but I was alone for 4 of them, it was pretty funny, I found myself laughing at myself a lot for this. It lead into a creek/waterfall opening in a clearing, we went swimming there and the water as really refreshing. We had to hike back 20 minutes wet tho, but it was definitely worth it. We rode back to camp and ate lunch at 1:30. It was really good, we had a really nice tender fish with cabbage salad, rice, and assorted vegetables. I ate three platefuls. We began class at 3:00 and we just continued our research at experiments. That lasted until 6:00 which is when dinner started. They served a delicious type of chicken rice casserole but the real star of the night was the dessert. Wow. It was a raspberry ice cream with a crunchy shell surrounded by a rich warm gooey dark chocolate sauce. Yum. I had two but I would have had like 12 if I could. Right After dinner, we did our assorted research in groups for the rest of the day until about 7:00 at night, when I started this blog. It is now 8:11 and I think that this just about sums up everything from today. Just kidding, there’s more. The sunset was really nice and many of the groups (2/3)  started there projects today. We started ours yesterday. Everyone group had one thing in common tho, unexpected results. But that’s just science, things don’t always go your way and the way you can adapt is what is most important. In science, we expect things to change so this is a great learning experience for us, and I love it. Oh, yeah and we also saw a Bullet and Queen and King and we caught them, well, Pinto caught them, and drowned them in alcohol so we could preserve them. They have a sting that is so painful, it is compared to a Bullet. The most painful sting in the animal kingdom. So that’s about it, thanks for reading this Essay J, and The End.
                                                                                                         -Mac Jett

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrapping Things Up